Sunday 21 February 2010

Crochet & knit necklace - Blues & Pinks


I made this one-of-a-kind necklace combining knitting, crochet and handmade fabric beads in cotton, wool and bamboo yarn.


The soft blues, pinks, purple and cool grey look so pretty together. I stitched the fabric beads from 3 different printed cottons from my quilting stash, then applied a medium so they are firm and have a satin finish. They, and the crochet beads can be moved along the necklace to create different looks. A softly padded a bobble is made to slip through a loop to fasten the necklace, which is altogether light as a feather to wear.

Spring is in the air and I'm loving my recent concentration on textile jewelry. The more I make, the more ideas are crowding in queuing for attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails